Monday, 16 April 2012

Full Weekend of Crafting

Another two demos done and dusted this weekend. My final ones for the March / April Docrafts promotion. I'll have the rest of the week to rest and regroup now, ready for my new Docrafts kit to arrive. Really looking forward to that one :) Watch this space for a sneaky peak at some of the cards you'll be able to make with the new products in May.

Saturday 14th April at Gardenlands on the Bridgnorth Road, Shipley, started with beautiful sunshine, if not a bit on the chilly side. It was the last weekend of the children's school holidays here, so I think everyone had a lie-in and the store was really quiet first thing. It slowly filled throughout the day with an assortment of customers, many with young families in tow.

Julie was on hand in the craft department to make sure that everyone could find the goodies they were looking for while I concentrated on making card samples. Lots of people were interested in my stamped cards and were surprised at all the different looks they could achieve with one stamp. Hopefully they will have had the confidence to have a go themselves when they got home.

A lady came and introduced herself and was brimming with excitement because she had received a prize package from Docrafts for one of their monthly draws. She hadn't been expecting it and was absolutely thrilled and wanted to say Thank You. She had a complete collection of the Papermania Capsule in Burleigh Blue & Parkstone Pink and said she loved it all. What a lucky lady :)

I spent Sunday 15th April at Melbicks, Chester Road, Coleshill. It was only my second trip there and luckily it was nothing like my first experience last year, when the weather was awful and I got horribly lost.

Yesterday was wonderful. A frosty start gave way to bright sunshine, the traffic was kind to me and I was greeted at the store by Matt, the department head, who let me in and made sure I was settled. The store was quiet first thing but soon began to fill up and there were lots of friendly faces that I recognised from last time and some of them stayed with me for the rest of the day. By 4 O'Clock I think I had managed to demonstrate everything from the latest promotion.

One lady who was a regular customer in the store had said that she didn't like Michael Powell and had dismissed his stamps until she saw my card samples, then she wanted some :) I think that the packaging with the  multi coloured images does put off some people  and it can be difficult for them to imagine how the stamp would look in different colourways. I was glad to be able to share some of my watercolouring techniques with her and a few other onlookers.

The Enchanted Fairy range was immensely popular on the day. Even Jackie who works in the craft department, was persuaded to treat herself to a pack of the beautiful papers and some of the decoupage. They also hadn't realised that there was a pack of fairy decoupage in the March Goody bag as well as a 12x12 Boofle paper pack. The papers are such lovely generic designs and don't feature lots of dog images as you might expect, so are perfect for so many occasions.

The A5 landscape card is made by cutting a section off the card front, covering the front panel with green glitter paper from the Enchanted Fairies paper pack, and covering the inside of the card with co-ordinating plain green paper. An A5 piece of acetate has been stuck to the back of the front panel using double sided tape. The pyramid image and sentiment tab is from a die-cut decoupage sheet.
The flower embellishments have been made using a papermania midi flower punch and some paper offcuts, then highlighted with lots of green self-adhesive gems. Quite a simple card to make but very effective and eye-catching.

The Stepper card is from a kit which contains four cards in two different designs. The decoupage is die-cut and there are four sheets in the pack so loads to spare. I have added some irridescent glitter to highlight the printed card and message and a couple of heart gems to draw the eye to the message.
Quite a complicated looking card which is easy to assemble and can't fail to impress.


A lady who said she only did scrapbooking, sat with me for a very long time looking for ideas that she could use on her layouts. I am delighted to say that by the end of the afternoon, she had bought a Goody bag and was going to have a go at cardmaking too when she got home. Another convert to our flock :)

I'll be back at Melbicks again on 12th May with lots of goodies from the new promotion. I hope everyone will be as excited about them as me :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have been busy Diana! Sounds like it went well. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.