Tuesday, 24 April 2012

The Not-so-Big 30

Not for me you understand as 30 is a long gone distant memory.

Two of my nieces turn 30 this month and I thought I'd show you two of the cards that I made for them.
The first one is an A5 card covered  in Tatty Teddy Especially for you papers, inked with Ancient Page primrose ink.
I have used a topper & messages from the ultimate card making pack then added pink and lemon organza ribbons to co-ordinate with Tatty's hat. The stars and numbers are Papermania's Happy Birthday cardstock stickers.


The second card uses a stamp from Crafters Companion and features the most gorgeous little kitten. It has been stamped with versafine ink in smokey grey, embossed with clear powder and then coloured with promarkers.
The card base is a 6" square scallop edge card. The embossed flowery paper is by Heidi Grace and the pink glitter paper is from Robin's Nest.I have used a strip of Anitas glitter satin ribbon under the stamped sentiment. The mats are die cut using the smallest scallop from Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities and a plain circle from xcut nesting dies. The white edges have been softened with a Papermania purple pigment ink pad and then highlighted with irridescent glitter.
The number outline stamps are from 'Dimension Stamps' and they are such a useful size.
A few self adhesive gems add an extra bit of sparkle. Not too much though as I wouldn't want to disturb the sleeping kitten :-)


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I'm sure they were very well received. I'm lovin' Strawberry Kisses at the mo too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.