Friday, 18 May 2012

Drummer Boy

I was asked to make a modern card for a young man's 21st birthday, that was drum related as he is a drummer in a band. It took me a while to track down a good sized stamp that I was happy with, but finally managed to find one at Dimension Fourth Stamps and this is the card that I have made for him.


The card base is a white A5 landscape, topped with papers from the new Papermania Capsule Bexley Black collection.
The black mat is a piece of textured card which has been embossed using the Papermania union jack triboss folder.
I have stamped the drums using black versafine ink onto white card and heat embossed it with clear powder. I then coloured it using just three Kuretake alcohol marker pens: black, pale grey and light grey, then I used the blender pen to add highlights. I used an xcut nesting die to cut round the image, leaving one of the cymbols protruding outside the die.
To make the bunting I used the smallest xcut scallop bunting die and then stamped onto them with the Boofle urban alphabet stamps. I inked around the edges of all the elements using a mini black dye based ink pad.
The numbers are also Dimension Fourth stamps which have been stamped onto Bexley Black paper, and then cut out. The numbers and the bunting pieces have then been mounted onto 3D foam and the bunting is embellished with Papermania polka dot buttons.

Hope you like it :)


I have entered this card into the Lollipop Crafts Challenge #80 - Just for Him. http://lollipopcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/challenge-80-just-for-him.html


1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant male card, so perfect for the recipient. Super demo samples in the post below too. Glad you like the cat widget, I got him from a blog I follow, I just couldn't resist ans I spend far too long playing with him! Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.