Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Tulip 3oth Birthday Cake

Another 30th birthday card for the collection. I chose Tulip papers for this one because the little dog reminds me of my niece's beloved pet pooch.

This one started out as a white 8" square scallop card blank.. The backing paper, decoupage and candle ribbon strip are all printed out from the Docrafts Digital Designer Tulip and friends DVD. I changed the tint on the backing paper to a more pinky shade to match in with the decoupage topper. Then I inked around the edges with a Tim Holtz distress ink pad in Spun Sugar.
The white mat is cut out using a GrandNesties scallop die and adds a frame to the topper.
The sparkly numbers and birthday message are cardstock stickers from the Papermania Birthday range and matched well with the colour theme.
All the other glittery highlights are Craft Planet irridescent glitter glue.
To create the ribbon border across the card, I used two lengths of polka dot grosgrain ribbon from Handy Hippo, and a paper border printed from the Tulip DVD.

I think I will have to use my crafting CDs more often. They deserve a prominent place in the craft room.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, fab image and lovely colours xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. It was a perfect card for my pretty young niece :) x

      Delete
  2. A super card, really pretty, Tulip is a lovely range.
    I want a huge cake like this for my 30th! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ni.
      I would happily make you a huge cake for your 30th but it will have to be made out of paper ;) x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.