Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Going Fishing?

I made this 8"x8" card for my husbands birthday using the fab Forever Friends retro collection.
He used to go fly fishing many moons ago and recently mentioned that he'd like to take it up again so I thought this image would be appropriate for him. Personally I think he would be more of an armchair fisherman these days ;)
I really did mix and match from all the packs in the collection for this one. The main image is a decoupage topper from a die-cut decoupage pack. I also cut out all of the extra flowers from the sheet to use as extra embellishments. The small sentiments and the stripey paper are from the Ultimate die cut pack. The checked paper is from the A5 paper pack. I thought that the check size on that particular sheet framed my decoupage topper perfectly. The scroll message is from the sentiments pack. I inked around all of the different layers using an orange Papermania mini dye pad just to define the edges a little more.

Now. Who wants to go fishing?


I have entered this card into the following challenge:
Desmet Design Challenge for June Men & Boys

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Diana I have come over from Emma's Blog Follow Wednesday. Your card is lovely, you have mixed elements and brought them together beautifully Love the inked edges that is a fav of mine. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Diane why the second comment you ask? lol I thought that since I am here anywhere I would put on my Desmet Designs DT hat and say what a lovely card, thank you for joining us at Desmet Designs and good luck in the challenge. Vee :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fresh looking card XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great CAS card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant male card, I used that image for my step dad's Father's Day card, its fab isn't it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card hun x i found you through Emma Collins happy wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable, I love the sweet forever friends image and the papers are fab too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely design hun, the image is just fab Desmet Design DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in with us at Desmet Designs. I adore Forever Friends x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.