Friday, 15 June 2012

June Anniversaries

June must be the most popular month for weddings as I know so many people who have anniversaries this month, including me :)

There were two very special ones this month, my dear friend's Silver 25th (mine is next year, ooh!) and my sister's Ruby 40th.
Before you all start wondering about the big difference between those, there is a significant age difference between my sister and myself,  haha.


Both of these cards are roughly 8" square and I have used the same stamp set on both. It is the Hunkydory wedding set and I absolutely love the wine glass stamp. There is also a beautiful shoes stamp on there.
For the 25th anniversary card I used a white scallop card blank and stamped hearts all over with a watermark stamp then embossed in silver. I cut two mats from silver mirri and plain white card for stamping using Spellbinders Grand Nesties square scallop dies. I also die-cut a small heart, using an xcut nesting die, as an embellishment with number 25 peel offs stuck onto it.
For the main image I stamped the champagne glass twice and added two of the message stamps, all in watermark ink and embossed in silver.
To finish, I wrapped some white organza ribbon around the card spine and threaded a diamante heart buckle onto the ribbon to form the bow centre.


I made my own card base for the Ruby anniversary card, from a 12x12 sheet of black Papermania textured card stock, matted and  layered with red and white card stock. I stamped the main image in  black this time and embossed in clear. I also added some extra bubbles to the top of the glasses.
The hearts on the background layer on this card are stamped in red ink, with smaller hearts stamped in black inbetween. They are highlighted with Ranger red stickles.
The Ruby 40 embellishment is a peel off, coloured black and stuck onto red card. I cut around the outline and then filled the heart with red stickles before attaching it to the card with 3D foam.
The red ribbon tied across the inner white mat on the card is Papermania velvet glitter ribbon.
Finally I added two sets of three self-adhesive red gems to each white mat to embellish.

I'm sure it won't be too long before these stamps get another airing as I love them so much. Hope you do too :)



6 comments:

  1. Both really gorgeous and elegant cards, so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both great celebration cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... you have done a wonderful job with the stamps.... they're both stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such stunning cards, so classy and elegant xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.