Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Retirement Wishes

A friend asked me if I would make an A4 card for a lady who was retiring, and wanted a specific message on the front. I thought the easiest way to incorporate it would be to use my new Papermania Capsule Collection DVD. I had so much fun 'punching' out the die cut shape and adding shadow and 'blurring' to give an inked effect without staining my fingers :)


I added co-ordinating Big Bloomer flowers to co-ordinate and a bow made from white spotted ribbon which I coloured with a pale pink promarker pen.
The leaves and rolled flowers have all been created from Capsule Parkstone Pink papers die cut with Spellbinders bitty blossoms dies.
I did succumb and ink around the edges of the bottom mat, though, with a Ranger Spun Sugar distress ink pad.
I just had to get a bit of ink in there somewhere didn't I? :)


I have entered this card into the following challenges:
digitaltuesdaychallenge #163 Anything Goes
papertakeweekly Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Diana, I love the colours and the flowers are so beautiful

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card you've created Diana! I love it. it looks so soothing and classy. And i love the retirement wishes you put on it. The recipient would surely like it.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.