Sunday, 29 July 2012

A Bit of Glamour

I was asked to make this card for a friend's mom. She loves monochrome cards and wanted a glamourous art deco style lady.


The card itself is A5 in size and is made from 300gsm white card.
The background cardstock and the invertage image are from a Kanban kit which I bought from QVC a while ago. This particular image is called 'Ruby' and I think she is the epitome of glamour.
After cutting the patterned base mat, I outlined the edges with a silver Zig marker to give it a bit more definition.
The sentiment die-cut is also Kanban and was part of a bumper pack from QVC. The feather and the gem strips were from QVC too. There seems to be a bit of a theme going on here ;)
I stuck the feather down first using some strong ds tape, then stuck the sentiment on top with silicone glue so that it would seep through the feather.
The topper has been stuck on with 3D foam to maintain even levels for the invertage layers. I added a few tiny gems as an earring and as an accent on the sentiment.
The strip of gems down the side of the card is a little extravagant but justified for a special person :)

Do you know anyone special enough to use so many gems? lol x

1 comment:

  1. A very beautiful card,Diana; great design. I left the following comment as a reply to your message on my blog. Vee xx
    I am glad you are pleased, Diana. The tote bag was for you to decorate as I thought you would give the kit as a gift; so I am happy you will give that a go! Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.