Sunday, 1 July 2012

Daddy Bear

I'd like to share with you the cards that my boys sent to their Dad on his birthday. They did of course choose the toppers and decoupage that they liked and I just had the little job of actually making the cards. Both cards are 6" square so no favouritism ;)

Wellington fishing is a decoupage image from the ultimate die-cut pack. The paper and sentiment tags are too. I inked around the papers and toppers with brown archival dye ink and then distressed around the scallop card edges using a bundled sage Tim Holtz distress ink pad to soften the white card. I also wrapped some olive green organza ribbon around the paper mat, tieing it with a simple knot.

The Forever Friends card is made using a folded sheet of 12x12 Kraft paper. The paper mat, topper and sentiments were all from the FF Retro collection. I backed everything onto navy card to offset the layers on this one. The tape measure across the centre of the card is cut from a 6x6 K&Co paper pack 'Lifes Journey Rulers'. I rolled the edges of both ends to make a small coil. Finally I added two small blue gems from the Papermania midnight fairy pack.

I love how both boys chose a cute image for their Dad's cards. Years ago they would have gone for something 'techy' and 'grown up'. Perhaps a sign that they have grown up too :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Diana these are gorgeous Father's Day cards and I am sure your boys loved them and hubby too.

    Hugs
    Linda

    I am a new follower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely cards and how nice that the boys chose the cute images. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.