Sunday, 15 July 2012

Patriotic Birthday

It was my eldest niece's birthday this week and as she adores her mini car with the union flag roof, I chose to make a card using the flag and got a little carried away. I have collected so many flag related goodies over the last few months that I found it really hard to choose ;)

I made the easel card base using two sheets of Kanban British flag card which I die cut using an xcut rectangle parenthesis die.
The mini car image is from a  Penny Black wooden stamp and was stamped onto a Kanban die cut mat  using black versafine ink and heat embossed with Papermania clear powder. The image has been coloured with Promarker pens.
The button, ribbon and bow are all Papermania embellishments from the Portobello Road Collection which was first released in March this year.
For the sentiment, I used a message topper which was actually free with a craft magazine, but I felt it went really well with the rest of the card.

Hope you like it :)

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun card, love the cute image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant, I love the shape and the papers and the penny black image is just so adorable
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Diana
    your card is lovely. I came by to say that you have won my blog candy well it is yours now. If you would like to email me on veecass2@gmail.com I will get it posted out to you. Congratulations Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.