Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Butterfly Blues

I was checking through my photos and came across this easel card which I made a few months ago.
I had treated myself to a few Craftwork Cards goodies and wanted to have a play with them.
The card base is a CWC pre-scored easel card. I love the scallop shape on this one.
From the 'Pocket Full of Patterned Paper' CD I printed two identical sheets of this script paper with a flower border so that I could decoupage the flowers. It was a bit of a labour of love cutting out the tiny leaves but I think it was worth it. I affixed them with silicone glue to enable me to angle them, then added a few different sized clear gems to the flower centres.
The butterfly is cut from the same paper, using a Spellbinders Flights of Fancy die.
The white circle is plain card die cut with an x-cut circle die.
For the sculpted flowers I used a mixture of retro flower die cuts, which I scored to shape the petals, and some more of the printed script paper, die cut with Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms dies, rolled up to make the flower centres.
The picture below shows the flowers in a little more detail.
Finally I added a message from the CWC Vintage Kit and used two card candi dots as faux brads.

I love the fresh feel to this card, hope you have enjoyed sharing it with me :)

11 comments:

  1. Stunning card Diana. I love the design and the colour is gorgeous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana this is fantastic what a super shape, a fabulous design and a beautiful fresh colour well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana this is beautiful, love the delicate colours and also the design....well done xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Diana, lovely design and such delicate colours too. I love the butterfly and those gorgeous flowers.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful ...I love the whole effect . Such a lovely colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, the colour is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love the shape, colour & die-cuts, it's a fantastic card and in fact I love everything about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely beautiful card. Lovely colours and embellishments.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is absolutely stunning, I love the colour and that butterfly makes such a beautiful focal point, love it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very pretty card and a lovely butterfly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.