Monday, 17 September 2012

Teenage Birthday Girl

I can't believe how quickly the last few weeks have gone by. The new Docrafts promotion was released at the end of August which kept me busy making samples for demos. Apart from that, it was the end of the very long summer holidays for my two sons and time for them to go back to university. Of course this meant several shopping trips, mountains of laundry sorting and packing. My eldest son was also lucky enough to be given the chance of a three week trip to America as a research trip for his final year project. I am absolutely delighted for him and not just because he has asked for a craft shopping list from me :)

It was my great-niece's 13th birthday a couple of weeks ago and I thought you might like to see the cards that I made for her. One from me and one from her Mom. Although she is now a very grown up young lady, she still loves Tatty Teddy so I chose to make this card for her from me.
I used a Papermania stepper card and covered it with papers from the Me-to-You Ultimate die-cut pack. The sentiments, topper and tag are also from the same pack. I added her name using cardstock alpha stickers and embellished the card with an assortment of blitters, paper flowers, satin rosebuds and mini gems from the midnight enchanted fairies range. I inked the edges of the mats and tag with pink ink to give a little more definition.

Leah's Mom chose a Gorjuss Girl character for her card and I used an A4 sheet of Centura Pearl card for the base to add a bit of extra sheen.
The main image is decoupaged and I added lots of little tags which came with the kit. I love the Gorjuss Girls papers and used half a sheet, edged with Prussian Blue Colourbox ink pad.
The dotty ribbon was part of a pack of assorted black and white organza ribbons that I had from QVC a while ago. Sorry I can't remember the make. They were huge rolls and colour beautifully.

Well Leah has just become a teenager and my youngest son has just turned twenty, so it's one in and one out. Don't they grow up fast? :)

2 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards, bet they loved them, both so different, but beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana, lovely cards on your blog. I love the UK mini :-) It was great to meet you today at Greenlands and hope to see you again soon. Bw Clare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.