Thursday, 24 January 2013

Balloons or Baubles? You choose.

I'd like to share a couple of cards with you that I have made using my newest X-Cut Build-a-scene die. I must admit when I initially saw the preview of these dies, I didn't think they would appeal to me, but I was so wrong. They are so much fun, and I keep spotting new little die pieces that could be used for other cards. I think I might have to get the full set after all ;)

My newest addition is the hot air balloon and as soon as I opened the packaging, my first thought was, Wow, Baubles! I had been looking to get some bauble dies before Christmas but either couldn't make up my mind or they were out of stock.
So of course my first two makes were Christmas cards and I would happily have bought the die set just for that, then I tried making an actual balloon and absolutely love it. So much so that I made another card, almost the same, straight away as I knew I wouldn't be able to part with it at my next demo ;)

The pastel balloon card is made using Papermania 12x12 Designstax double sided papers. They're a lovely weight for die cutting. The card base is a Papermania 7x5" kraft card and I have used little bits of kraft card in the scene too and also some Papermania white textured cardstock.
I have inked some of the edges with Artiste dye based ink and stamped the sentiment with it too. The stamps are from the Vintage Notes Urban Stamp Set. To finish I have added some Papermania adhesive pearls.

If anyone has tried any of the build-a-scene dies, I'd love to hear what you think of them and which one is your favourite :) xx

6 comments:

  1. Didn't even think of a bauble! Clever you!
    I love all your cards, especially how you used the blue/white circle paper to look like clouds! Fab! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I think I am still a little bauble obsessed from Christmas, hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Great cards and just shows how versatile these dies are. I haven't got any of these yet but after seeing your cards that will be changing very soon.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful dies and I love what you have created here with them, especially the ballon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards. I'm desperate to get my hands on some of those dies - they are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous makes, I love the idea of using the stamp for a different purpose
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.