Thursday, 23 April 2015

A touch of the Tweedies

Good morning everyone :)
I have a few card samples to share with you today made using the Tweedies papercraft kit from Crafter's Companion. The particular kit I had to work with is exclusive to Create and Craft and will be featured on TV today at 1pm, along with the Die'sire alphabet and number dies.


This first card is made simply by folding a piece of A4 printed cardstock. I have added text and numbers to personalise the card and have also added a matching button embellishment cut using one of the new Button Box dies.
 
The 3D frames and decoupage in this kit are stunning. I made a shaped easel card base to show this one off, using ivory Centura Pearl cardstock. I drew around the frame and cut it out by hand.
The numbers are die-cut using the 3" high number dies. Don't they make a statement! I have added a little faux stitching, with a silver gel pen, around the number edges and card base to mirror the stitching on the images.


My third and final card is my favourite from this kit. The frame design is pre-scored ready to assemble and even has a little stand to attach at the back. It also has a perfectly sized little box to keep it safe. I've decorated mine quite simply with a matching topper and some ribbon to tie it closed.

All of the images in this range were originally made up in textiles and this gives them so much depth and an organic feel. Topped with a mixture of silver and gold foiling, the kit is extra special and I have loved working with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.