Wednesday, 1 April 2015

My First Design Team Post

I am so excited to be able to share this with you all.
I have recently joined the Design Team for Crafter's Companion UK and my first project was to create some samples using stamps from the fabulous Sheena Douglas range together with Spectrum Noir pens and pencils. They will be shown on Create and Craft TV this weekend. Woohoo :)
I am a little in awe of the work produced by some of the other Design Team members. I don't think my colouring is anywhere near up to their standard yet but I plan to have lots of fun practising.

Here is a sneak peak of my three samples.

I used the Spectrum Noir blending pencils for this wall hanging and love the effects you can get with them. The stamp set used was Sheena's Butterfly Effect.
 
I used the same stamp set for the next hanging decoration, but this time used the Spectrum Noir pens. The mdf heart was painted with white acrylic as a base before stamping and colouring.
 
My final sample is a card using Sheena's Violets stamp set. I stamped the violets twice and cut them out so that I could decoupage the flowers and leaves to give them more dimension. The bee is a fabulous addition to the set.
 
All that's left to do now is set the programmes to record on Create and Craft this weekend. Hopefully I'll catch a glimpse of my work amongst all the other wonderful samples.
Shout if you see them :) x


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Well done, your samples are fab, such lovely spring like designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, I can't wait to see if they get shown on TV. Hopefully the first of many. It's all still very new to me, so I've set the recorder for all the shows just in case, lol x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.