Saturday, 30 May 2015

Scruffy Little Kitten

Scruffy Little Kitten is the latest release from Crafter's Companion and follows in the footsteps of the popular Scruffy Little Cat range.
This time it is all about the youngsters and there are the most adorable images for boys and girls of all ages.
I have been trying out the new CD and have made a few samples, for the shows on Create and Craft TV on Monday, which I am able to share with you now. They will be on the Four Day Deal with Fiona Clayton. I can't wait :)
This little Trinket Box is really easy to make by printing off all the pieces on the CD. Even the scalloped rolled roses are included. There are four mini drawers, which you can position to open on any side, to house some little hidden treasures.
This easel card is made using one of the Card Companions designs printed out twice to make use of the scallop as the card base. I love how all the card elements are put together on one printable sheet for this type of card.

 
This is another favourite of mine, the shaped toppers. I have added mine onto a card constructed with an embossed acetate front panel.

 
 

I made a gatefold card to show off this simple topper. The side panels are embossed and inked to tone with the animal print trousers in the image. The pebbles embossing folder from the Textures range worked well for this.
The topper companions used for this card give variations on one image, one large and two small which can be used together or split up.
Just a regular A5 sized card for this one. It's a decoupage image layered up using glue gel.
I have mounted the image onto sections of a die-cut square frame to stretch it. The beads are all held in place with strong red liner tape and sealed with glossy accents to protect them.
Here I have used one of the Fabric companions images, printed onto light card for the gift bag, and printed onto T-shirt transfer paper before applying the image to a plain cotton t-shirt. Perfect for a little personalised gift.
Lastly, I have used one of the Megapage images to create a lovely framed piece of art for home décor. I have mounted it into a box frame with a glass front which will protect it from dust. I was initially going to add bunting and extra flowers inside the frame but I loved the clean bold image on its own and decided it was perfect without any additions.
So there you are, my eight samples ready for the new launch on Monday. There will be a matching stamp range too which I am very keen to see as they would compliment the CD beautifully.
If you can't wait for the shows to see more, you can take a look on the Crafter's Companion Pinterest page. https://www.pinterest.com/crafterscompuk
Hope you have enjoyed my sneak peak :) x

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.