Thursday, 14 July 2016

Christmas Create-a-Card Cut-In Designs

These dies are a new concept range and don't officially launch until Friday. They'll be on Hochanda at 8pm for the One Day Special.
Each die set has a border strip, a main image and a matching small icon. Each one of the dies will cut inside the card, leaving the image intact, but there are also outer border dies included so you have the choice to completely cut out each of the images. So many possibilities. :)

The first one is All Around the Tree and I have used it as a pop-out on this 8x8 card. The mini trees make great extra embellishments.
This candle box is made using the Festive Angel die set. Everything is cut from snow white card stock and inked with Weathered Wood distress ink.
Of course, the dies will work on all sorts of mediums. I tried it with some felt and made a soft tree ornament.
The border dies are perfect for decorating the sides of a box. Using a contrasting colour for the box lid and base really highlights the design.
This is a really fun easel card design using the Shine Bright die set. I have trimmed away some of the border strip and used it as a stopper. The mini stars are suspended on acetate strips.

The Christmas gift die is really pretty and the design didn't just suggest Christmas to me. I thought it would be wonderful for a birthday too.
This is another simple design making full use of the border die for the box sides but this time using the Sparkling Bauble die set.
The same Sparkling bauble die set has been used on this bow front card and I've given it a masculine feel by using dark burgundy. The bauble has been highlighted in gilding wax.
This little easel card uses the Christmas Gift die to make the card base, and the border strip and mini gift die have been used to form the stopper strip.
I used the Traditional Wreath die to make the base for this shaker card. It is all made from snow white Centura Pearl cardstock, coloured with Pebeo Gilding waxes.

There is one more design in the set, a beautiful snowflake, but I don't have that one (yet). It's very high up on my wish list ;)

I do hope you will be able to watch some of the shows for more inspiration, these dies really are amazing.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Diana - didn't know you were here in blogland. What fabulous makes- you have been a very busy bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith, thank you :) I've been a bit quiet lately, just playing catch-up now. ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow all these are gorgeous I cant decide on which one I love the most Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I loved playing with these :) xx

      Delete
  4. I know I'm 6 months late to the party but I love all your makes! The colours are gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas Diana, I hope to see more of your makes in the new year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, so kind of you :)
      I haven't posted my makes for 6 months so I think we're even ;)
      Have a lovely Christmas and a happy new year xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments.